The Emperor and the Fortune-Teller


Once an Emperor invited a reputed fortune-teller to his court.The fortune-teller was known for making correct predictions. The emperor welcomed him with great respect and offered him a seat.
Then the emperor gave him his horoscope and said, "Learned sir, please read my horoscope and tell me what the future has in store for me."
The fortune-teller studied the horoscope very carefully. Then he said, "Your Majesty, I will tell you the bare facts which your stars tell me. Please do remember that I don't tell imaginary tales."
The Emperor said, "I understand what you mean. Please tell me your findings without any fear."
The fortune-teller, to begin with, told the Emperor all the good things that the future had in store for him. The Emperor felt very happy to hear about those good things.




But, when the fortune-teller began to tell the Emperor about his misfortunes, the Emperor felt very sorry. At one stage he felt very much offended and he shouted at the fortune teller, "Say no more of your nonsensical stuff. Just tell me what your stars say about the time of your death."




The clever fortune-teller knew what the Emperor had in his mind. So he said, "Your Majesty, I am going to die just one day earlier than you."
The Emperor, in a fit of anger, was about to give an order for putting the fortune-teller to death. But, when he heard the fortune-teller's prediction about his own death, he changed his mind. He recalled his good senses and admired the fortune-teller's witty reply. He gave him rich royal gifts and sent him away respectfully.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, Thanks for sharing this information. Our astrologer Sharma ji is a renowned world Famous Best Fortune Teller in Toronto
    . You can get to know everything about your past, present and future life with this astrologer. Astrologer in Toronto | Psychic in Toronto | Palm Reader in Toronto

    ReplyDelete